[R-sig-DB] RSQLite updated: notes for 0.5-5

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Tue Jul 17 01:36:02 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I've just sent RSQLite_0.5-5 to CRAN (it will take a few days to get
on the master and propagate).  If you would like to give this a try,
you can find packages here:

    http://bioconductor.fhcrc.org/packages/misc/

The new version contains these changes:

    Update to SQLite 3.4.0, use SQLite amalgamation

        This patch updates the bundled SQLite version to 3.4.0 and
        introduces a new mechanism of including the bundled SQLite
        code.  Instead of building a separate SQLite lib and linking
        to it, we now use SQLite's amalgamation file which puts all of
        SQLite into a single C file.  This has an added benefit of
        simplifying the build process on Windows.

    Fix crash when resultset contains a NULL in first row

        This patch resolved the issue reported here:
        https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-db/2007-July/000332.html

Note that this version should *not* be used with R-devel.  Instead,
look for 0.6-1 in the R-2.6.0/Other subdir.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org