[R-sig-DB] Segmentation faults using RSQLite

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Mon Nov 6 16:31:51 CET 2006

Hi Richard,

Richard Bourgon <bourgon using ebi.ac.uk> writes:
> My application requires a single table of doubles with 225 columns
> and about 6M rows. The following session transcript mimics this
> table, and consistently produces errors: sometimes an immediate seg
> fault, and sometimes one of several odd but non-critical error
> messages, an example of which appears below. (In the latter case, if
> I try to rerun the bit that generated the error, then I usually get
> the seg fault.)
>
> Small numbers of retrievals always work fine (i.e., the single
> "get_table()" call below, or looping only 50 or 100 times), while
> large numbers lead to the errors. If I reduce the number of columns
> in the table, I also seem to avoid the errors.
>
> Some version info is given below, but please let me know if anything
> else would be helpful. I didn't use the fancy options when installing
> the RSQLite package, so as best I can tell, it's using the compiled
> library that gets built in the sqlite/lib directory, inside the
> package's own directory.

You've identified a bug.  Thanks for the sample code.  We'll take a
closer look and try to have a fix available in a few days.

I've also noticed that in the patched version of RSQLite (see recent message
to this list), dbWriteTable is broken.

+ seth