[R-sig-DB] RSQLite and SQLite 3.3.x

Jeffrey Horner je||@horner @end|ng |rom v@nderb||t@edu
Fri Sep 29 19:44:46 CEST 2006

Seth Falcon wrote:
> Hi Ashish,
>
> Thanks for sending along the patch.  I've incorportated it into
> RSQLite 0.4-4 which included SQLite 3.3.7.
>
> You and others can get the preview here:
> http://bioconductor.org/packages/misc/
>
> I would really like to hear back from a few folks that these packages
> work before pushing the updates to CRAN.
>
> Anyone?

Well, I can confirm that yuor DBI/RMySQL work for me so far, but I've
only used it simply, e.g., calling dbConnect() and dbGetQuery().

But I do get the following message when calling dbGetQuery() when a
table contains the timestamp type:

1: RS-DBI driver warning: (unrecognized MySQL field type 7 in column 2
imported as character)
2: RS-DBI driver warning: (unrecognized MySQL field type 7 in column 2
imported as character)

I do plan on a more thorough vetting of the situation, but too busy
right now.

Jeff
--
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner