[R-sig-DB] RODBC with an Oracle DBS

Hendrik Stange h@t@nge @end|ng |rom jutt@@t@nge@de
Wed Mar 15 17:47:55 CET 2006

Hello,

today, I tried saving a data.frame to Oracle by using an ODBC-connection.
It failed every single time, giving me a "missing column name" error.
Reading works perfectly fine, though.

My question is, how can I upload a df to Oracle using an ODBC connection?

The code I used looks like this:
channel <- odbcConnect("someODBCname")
sqlSave(channel, df, tablename="test", rownames=FALSE, addPK=T, verbose=T)

df is a 100x100 matrix; dimnames are set.

In my desperation I tried uploading it to MS-Access and it worked
absolutely accurate - same statement just another ODBC-connector name.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advanced,
H. Stange