[R-sig-DB] (no subject)

Jason Horn jhorn @end|ng |rom bu@edu
Mon Feb 20 14:31:28 CET 2006

Brian,

I am having exactly the same problem.  I am very interested to know
if you have R 2.2.x, mySQL and RMySQL working together successfully
(it sounds like you do).  If recompiling MySQL with gcc 3.3 was the
solution, can you tell me how you managed to do it?  I have never
tried to compile mySQL before, much less with a version of gcc that I
don't have on my system (I currently have gcc 4.0.1 on my OS X 10.4.5
system).  Any and all details are welcome.

Thanks,

-Jason

Jason Horn
Boston University Department of Biology