[R-sig-DB] DBI problem after R upgrade

Parlamis Franklin |p@r|@m|@ @end|ng |rom m@c@com
Thu Oct 20 12:06:41 CEST 2005

I upgraded R to 2.2.0 (Mac Cocoa GUI 1.13) this evening.  I am
running MySQL Standard version 4.1.14 locally, which I installed
several months ago from binaries on the MySQL web site (mysql-
standard-4.1.14-apple-darwin8.2.0-powerpc-64bit.dmg).  Before I
upgraded R, everything worked fine with RMySQL and DBI (all I used
was DBSendQuery, DBReadTable and DBWriteTable).

However, now when I load the DBI package I get the following error:

         Warning message:
         RS-DBI driver warning: (MySQL mismatch between compiled
version 4.0.24 and runtime version 4.1.14)

Then, if I attempt to use one of the DBI functions, say DBReadTable,
R quits unexpectedly.  I reinstalled MySQL from binaries, and I also
reinstalled the DBI and RMySQL packages from binaries.  Nothing has
helped.  I have never had MySQL 4.0.24 on my computer (4.1.14 was my
first and only install).

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would be very appreciative.

Franklin Parlamis