[R-sig-DB] RMySQL and RmSQL

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Fri Oct 24 21:34:13 CEST 2003

It's very good that David is providing a binary, but please check
compatibility with your version of RMySQL and your version of R (I believe
there are problems with R 1.8.0).

We gave up providing binary versions on CRAN after a lot of problems with
supposedly compatible versions of MySQL client libraries not being so.

I am copying this to Uwe Ligges so he can put something in the ReadMe.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk