[R-sig-DB] DBI driver for PostgreSQL?

Wed Nov 20 15:36:23 CET 2002

> That's correct.  Rdbi.PGSQL requires Rdbi, not DBI.

So allow me to repeat Doug's question:

   Is there an R DBI-compliant driver for PostgreSQL?

I am getting confused between DBI and in DBI-on-CRAN and DBI as
in what's-really-called-RDBI-and-lives-on-sourceforge ?

Was RDBI an early prototype or fork of DBI?  What is needed
to merge them?  I'd love to help, and though I have code a
fair amount I have very little C coding experience when it
comes to DBMS.

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all signatures are totally worthless.