[R-sig-DB] general status query on DBI etc

Timothy H. Keitt tk||@t@ddr @end|ng |rom ke|tt|@b@b|o@@uny@b@edu
Sat Jul 20 17:23:32 CEST 2002

The intention, as far as I can tell, is to support DBI, and I imagine we
will have drivers available sometime in the next year. I do think
progress has been slowed by the transition to v4 methods, which are
considerably more complex to implement and not many developers are
familiar with the new approach. David did a nice job putting together
the DBI core. It will make a strong and stable base for future
development. But we all have day jobs, so to speak, so its hard to
predict when new code will get written. (I can only really work on
coding when my research projects demand it.)

Tim