[R-sig-DB] request for examples

David Kane <David Kane @296180 @end|ng |rom m|c@@|mr@com
Wed May 15 14:06:17 CEST 2002

Paul Murrell writes:
 > I would also obviously be interested in any general comments regarding
 > which database issues people think are the most crucial for statistics
 > students to learn.

I am not sure if this counts as a "killer application", but statistics students
should be aware that knowledge of SQL is very useful in the business world,
especially in finance. I am much more likely to interview/hire someone with SQL
experience. It is not so important that they know the database that I
(currently) use. The key is that they know what a RDMS is, how different tables
are related (or not) to one another, how to get data into and out of a database
and so on.

Regards,

Dave Kane