[R-pkgs] CRAN has a new package: declared

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom un|buc@ro
Thu Jun 17 13:53:41 CEST 2021

Dear All,

A new package called 'declared' has made it to CRAN (platform specific
binaries in due course). This might be useful for social scientists, where
multiple (types of) missing values are declared for any given variable.

The package has a similar functionality to packages 'haven' and 'labelled',
with one but important difference: instead of treating existing values as
NAs, package declared interprets NAs as existing values (details in the
embedded vignette). Users do not have to do anything else in the subsequent
analyses, since the declared values are stored as regular NAs.

My most sincere thanks to all contributors from the r-devel list who
expressed their points regarding the treatment of missing values in R, and
especially to Duncan Murdoch who provided the starting solution.

Special thanks to Avi Gross for the subsequent email exchanges, revision of
the package and its vignette.

Hope this will prove useful, I would be grateful for feedback and bug
reports.

--
Adrian Dusa
University of Bucharest