[R-pkgs] fcci: Feldman-Cousins Confidence Intervals

Valerio Gherardi vgher@rd @end|ng |rom @|@@@@|t
Tue Apr 6 17:50:37 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I would like to share with you my package {fcci}, which has just been
accepted by CRAN <https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=fcci>.

This tiny package provides support for building Feldman-Cousins
<https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.57.3873>
confidence intervals (for Poisson rate and binomial proportions, by now).

The Feldman-Cousins prescription was originally developed in the context
of High-Energy Physics, as a consistent method for providing classical
(frequentist) confidence intervals for rates of rare events. It is, in
general, useful when dealing with experiments which expect very few
events, and works well with rate estimation in the presence of
significant (spurious) background.

If you have any feedback, suggestion or bug to communicate, you can
reach out to me through the GitHub repository or by email
(vgherard using sissa.it).

Links:

 �- CRAN:https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=fcci

 �- GitHub: https://github.com/vgherard/fcci