[R-pkgs] arsenal v3.0.0: An Arsenal of 'R' Functions for Large-Scale Statistical Summaries
Heinzen, Ethan P.
He|nzen@Eth@n @end|ng |rom m@yo@edu
Tue Mar 26 15:17:04 CET 2019
I'm pleased to announce the release of the "arsenal" package v3.0.0 on CRAN (https://cran.r-project.org/package=arsenal)!
"arsenal" has experienced some major growth in the last few months, starting with the release of v2.0.0 in January. We tried to maintain backwards compatibility wherever possible, but had to eliminate it in some places. With that said, here's the latest and greatest of "arsenal":
1. The compare() function was renamed to comparedf(), to avoid conflicts with the "testthat" package. comparedf() is used to compare two data.frames, and now includes additional functionality to specify which variables should be compared if they have different column names.
2. tableby() is our Table-1-like function. It now accepts a strata term and multiple left-hand-side terms.
3. paired() piggybacks off of tableby() for comparisons across two time points.
4. modelsum() runs [lm, coxph, glm, etc.] models on multiple variables, adjusted for the same covariates. It also accepts a strata term and multiple left-hand-side terms.
5. freqlist() generates frequency tables, much like SAS's "proc freq" with the "list" option. It, too, accepts a strata term and multiple left-hand-side terms.
6. write2html(), write2pdf(), and write2word() are capable of outputting tables to documents without needing to open a whole new .Rmd script.
7. formulize() is a useful function for creating formulas from character vectors (or columns of data.frames).
As always, contributions and bug reports are welcome on arsenal's GitHub page: https://github.com/eheinzen/arsenal
heinzen.ethan using mayo.edu<mailto:heinzen.ethan using mayo.edu>
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-packages