[R-pkgs] New package: msmtools (v1.0)

Francesco Grossetti francesco.grossetti at polimi.it
Wed Apr 27 09:58:43 CEST 2016

Greetings, R users!

It is with pleasure that I am announcing the release of msmtools package on CRAN:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/msmtools/index.html

msmtools provides a fast and general method for restructuring classical longitudinal data into augmented ones. The reason for this is to facilitate the modeling of longitudinal data under a multi-state framework using the 'msm’ package by Chris Jackson.
The tools is fitted for longitudinal datasets in which events are localized in time (i.e. a starting and an ending time are present). The method is efficient and fast and thus is suitable when dealing with highly dimensional datasets.

The package also includes two graphical goodness-of-fit tools which can roughly assess the behaviour of the Markov model.
I hope you’ll find the package useful for your work!

For any issues you may encounter, please leave a related comment to my repository at:

https://github.com/contefranz/msmtools/issues

or contact me at francesco.grossetti at polimi.it

Thanks!
Francesco