[R-pkgs] Introducing pedgene 1.2 on CRAN

Sinnwell, Jason P. Sinnwell.Jason at mayo.edu
Tue Nov 19 19:58:07 CET 2013

Dear useRs:

We would like to introduce the "pedgene" package, version 1.2, available now on CRAN, with a brief manual available as a vignette:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pedgene/index.html

The pedgene package performs gene-level kernel and burden association tests with disease status and continuous response
for pedigree data, as described in our recent paper:

	Schaid, D. J., McDonnell, S. K., Sinnwell, J. P. and Thibodeau, S. N. (2013), Multiple Genetic Variant Association
	Testing by Collapsing and Kernel Methods With Pedigree or Population Structured Data. Genet. Epidemiol.,
	37: 409-418.  doi: 10.1002/gepi.21727
	LINK:   http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/gepi.21727/abstract

We have received some valuable feedback, and welcome more.

Best,
Jason Sinnwell, MS
Mayo Clinic
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
200 1st St SW
Rochester MN 55905