[R-pkgs] knitr version 1.1

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Feb 19 09:18:15 CET 2013

Hi,

I released knitr 1.1 to CRAN a few days ago:
http://cran.r-project.org/package=knitr See all new features and
changes at https://github.com/yihui/knitr/blob/master/NEWS.md#changes-in-knitr-version-11

The version 1.0 does not imply perfect stability or maturity. The
major version number was bumped from 0.x to 1.x due to a number of
important features and the breaking of compatibility with Sweave
(http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/sweave/). A brief summary of recent
features:

1. (please regard this one as "experimental") from R 3.0.0 we will be
able to compile package vignettes with knitr, even including R
Markdown vignettes (http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/vignette/)
2. the encoding argument in knit() allows one to specify the encoding
of the source document, which may benefit international users (this
has also been supported in RStudio, and the next version of LyX will
also support encoding correctly)
3. you can publish blog posts from R to WordPress using R Markdown and
the knit2wp() function
(http://yihui.name/en/2013/02/publishing-from-r-knitr-to-wordpress/)
4. Rcpp is supported in code chunks (see http://gallery.rcpp.org for
an application), and more languages have been added (Perl, Bash,
CoffeeScript, ... http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/engines/)
5. A Shiny notebook was added as a demo (http://glimmer.rstudio.com/yihui/knitr)

I thank the amazing R community; in particular, I thank all
contributors who sent me over 50 pull requests
(https://github.com/yihui/knitr/contributors) and users who reported
nearly 500 issues (https://github.com/yihui/knitr/issues), asked more
than 200 questions on StackOverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/knitr) and made hundreds of
comments in the knitr website (http://yihui.name/knitr/). If you want
to contribute or have any questions, please follow these links.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>