[R-pkgs] Updates to rms package
Frank E Harrell Jr
f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Oct 7 14:45:32 CEST 2009
The rms package, a replacement for the Design package, has been updated
on CRAN. The most major change is the addition of smooth calibration
curves for externally (val.surv function) or internally (calibrate.cph,
calibrate.psm) validating a survival model with right-censored data.
The polspline package is used to estimate the survival probability at a
fixed time point as a function of the predicted survival probability.
Some user-requested plotting features have been added to bplot and
Changes in version 2.1-0
* Made Predict not return invisibly if predictors not specified
* New option nlines for plot.Predict for getting line plots with 2
* Added rename option to rbind.Predict to handle case where
predictor name has changed between models
* Added ties=mean to approx( ) calls that did not have ties= specified
* Added nlevels argument to bplot to pass to contour
* Added par argument to iLegend - list to pass to par().
* Redirected ... argument to iLegend to image( ).
* Fixed groupkm - was printing warning messages wrongly
* Added new semiparametric survival prediction calibration curve
method in val.surv for external validation; this is the first
implementation of smooth calibration curves for survival probability
validation with right-censored data
* Fixed calibrate confidence limits from groupkm
* Added smooth calibration curve using hare (polspline package) for
calibrate.cph and calibrate.psm
* Added display of predicted risks for cph and psm models even for
the stratified KM method (old default)
Frank E Harrell Jr Professor and Chair School of Medicine
Department of Biostatistics Vanderbilt University
More information about the R-packages