[R-pkgs] new package: perm

Fay, Michael (NIH/NIAID) [E] mfay at niaid.nih.gov
Mon Aug 3 03:45:41 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new package called perm which does linear permutation tests. It does two-sample, k-sample and trend tests. The package is redundant, since everything it does can be done in the coin package, and it is usually faster in coin. The main motivation is to provide another check for exact tests in R.  It also handles ties differently than coin, so if you have test statistics that theoretically should be tied but are not tied in R, perm can easily be made to treat them as tied.  The package perm rounds to the nearest 12 digits (or whatever you set the 'digits' parameter to) then calls values that match to the first 12 digits tied.

Let me know if there are comments or questions,

Thanks,

Mike