[R-pkgs] new version of package deSolve on CRAN
Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 29 17:36:56 CEST 2009
Dear R users,
an improved version of package deSolve (version 1.3) is now available on
CRAN. deSolve, the successor of R package odesolve, is a package to
solve initial value problems (IVP) of:
- ordinary differential equations (ODE),
- differential algebraic equations (DAE) and
- partial differential equations (PDE).
The implementation includes stiff integration routines based on the
ODEPACK Fortran codes (Hindmarsh 1983). It also contains fixed and
adaptive time step Runge-Kutta solvers and the Euler method.
- new introductory tutorial (vignette) "Solving initial value
differential equations in R",
- all integrators are now implemented in compiled languages (Fortran
resp. C). Now all solvers allow to call compiled models directly (see
package vignette "Writing Code in Compiled Language").
- new function ode.3d that supplements the already existing
ode.1d and ode.2d,
- new function "diagnostics",
- many small improvements, especially of the documentation.
Thomas Petzoldt, Karline Soetaert, Woodrow Setzer
More information about the R-packages