[R-pkgs] WriteXLS - New Version 1.7.1
marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri May 29 14:56:43 CEST 2009
The updated package has been submitted to CRAN and will propagate to
mirrors over the next day or so.
It is maintained on R-Forge at http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/writexls
, where downloads are available as well.
Description: Cross-platform perl based R function to create Excel (XLS)
files from one or more data frames. Each data frame will be written to a
separate named worksheet in the Excel spreadsheet. The worksheet name
be the name of the data frame it contains or can be specified by the
Author(s): Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com>
Maintainer: Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com>
License: GPL (>=2)
Changes since version 1.6.0:
1. Added \'verbose\' argument to testPerl so that it can be used in an
if() manner without console output
2. Added \'SheetNames\' argument to WriteXLS to enable user specified
3. Added various checks to code for unique worksheet names, worksheet
names <= 31 chars, length(SheetNames) == length(x)
4. Added check for invalid worksheet names for chars :*?/\\
5. Added argument \'--SN\' to WriteXLS.pl to support SheetNames from
6. Modified WriteXLS.pl to handle SheetNames.txt file and related
7. Substantive changes to WriteXLS.Rd to describe new function arguments
and additional validity checks.
8. Fixed typos in e-mail in both help files.
9. New \'envir\' argument to WriteXLS to enable WriteXLS to be wrapped
in other functions and locate the data frames to be written.
10. Reduced SystemRequirements in DESCRIPTION file to only those Perl
modules not included in the package.
11. Added TRUE/FALSE invisible return values to WriteXLS to enable the
function to be tested for success or failure. Note that error messages
will still be output.
Regards to all,
More information about the R-packages