[R-pkgs] RMySQL 0.7-2 now available on CRAN
jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Dec 5 17:03:30 CET 2008
Dear R users,
RMySQL 0.7-2 is now available on CRAN:
From the NEWS file:
* New maintainer is Jeffrey Horner <jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu>.
* We no longer distribute libmysql.dll. This library is now found
either by reading the MYSQL_HOME environment variable or by reading
the windows registry entries.
* Removed dependence on MySQL C function load_defaults() as it was
meant for command-line tools, not for (re)connecting to a database.
* Fixed \r issue with dbWriteTable().
* Tests have been added and depend on proper values set in the
environment variables MYSQL_DATABASE, MYSQL_USER, and
More information about the R-packages