[R-pkgs] adehabitat version 1.8

Clément Calenge clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr
Mon Oct 27 20:24:13 CET 2008

Dear all,

I have uploaded to CRAN the version 1.8 of the package 'adehabitat'.
Significant changes are listed below:

* getverticeshr now relies on the function contourLines(), and returns
   smoother estimates of the kernel home range (see the help page).

* the new function kernelkc (and related functions) now allows the
   estimation of the utilization distribution in space and time of
   animals using the product kernel algorithm advocated by Keating and
   Cherry (Ecology, in press).

* the new function findmaxasc allows to find the local maxima on a map
   of class 'asc'. It can be potentially useful to identify the points
   of attraction in the home range of an animal (modes of the
   utilization distribution).

* the new functions engen2008I and engen2008II implements the method of
   Engen et al. (2008, Journal of Animal Ecology) for the study of
   habitat selection using multivariate data.

* The function dunnfa performs a factorial decomposition of the
   Mahalanobis distances in habitat selection studies. This method has
   been suggested by Prof. James Dunn as an alternative

* A new bug tracking system has been set up for adehabitat thanks to
   the great work of Paolo Cavallini (Faunalia). It is available at:
   https://www.faunalia.it/animove/trac/
   Any other project intended to manage, store, analyze animals
   movements can be added there, provided it is free and open source.

* Note that my e-mail adress has changed. It is now:
clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr

Happy testing,

Clément Calenge

--
Clément CALENGE
Office national de la chasse et de la faune sauvage