[R-pkgs] ppls: version 1.02 including a new data set
nkraemer at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 10 17:28:19 CEST 2008
Dear R users,
an update of the package ppls - Penalized Partial Least Squares - is now
available on CRAN.
It implements the methods described in
N. Krämer, A.-L. Boulesteix, G. Tutz
"Penalized Partial Least Squares with Applications to B-Spline
Transformations and Functional Data"
Chem. Intell. Lab. Sys. 2008
Features of the package include
* the estimation of functional data with penalized PLS,
* the estimation of generalized additive models with penalized PLS based
on spline transformations,
* model selection for both methods based on cross validation.
The most important changes since 1.01 are
(1) a more efficient implementation of the penalized PLS algorithm that
decreases the run-time substantially,
(2) the inclusion of the data set "cookie" that contains measurements
from quantitative near-infrared spectroscopy.
Nicole & Anne-Laure
Dr. Nicole Krämer
Machine Learning/Intelligent Data Analysis fon: (+49) 30 314 78627
Franklinstr. 28/29, 10587 Berlin, Germany fax: (+49) 30 314 78622
More information about the R-packages