[R-pkgs] cacher v0.1-2

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Fri Apr 4 21:47:52 CEST 2008

The 'cacher' package contains a set of routines for caching statistical
analyses.  The idea is that an analysis stored in a file (say, 'foo.R') is run
and the results of the evaluated expressions are cached in a database.  These
cached results can subsequently be packaged up and distributed over the interweb.

I've just uploaded to CRAN version 0.1-2 of the 'cacher' package.

There is a brief document describing the package available at

http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/papers/archive/cacher.pdf

Some sample cached analyses can be found at

http://penguin.biostat.jhsph.edu/cpkg.html

For example, if you wanted to download the analysis associated with the
'sample.R' file, you could run

library(cacher)
clonecache(id = "44bf", all.files = TRUE)

Using the tools in the 'cacher' package you could then explore the data and code
that make up this analysis.

This package is by no means 'complete' and is still evolving.  I would greatly
appreciate any feedback or suggestions on the design if you end up using the
package for any reason.

-roger
--
Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/