[R-pkgs] New package: relations
david.meyer at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Jun 5 00:11:32 CEST 2007
it is our great pleasure to announce the new package "relations" to
appear on all CRAN-mirrors soon.
This package provides data structures and methods for creating and
manipulating relations, relation ensembles, sets, and tuples. The
feature list includes:
* creation of relations by domain and graph/characteristic
* extraction of characteristic function and graph,
* predicate functions for the most common standard characteristics,
* operators known from relational algebra theory (such as projection,
selection, cartesian product, joins, etc.),
* transitive/reflexive reduction and closure of a relation,
* relation ensembles for combining relations,
* fitters for determining (possibly all) consensus relations of a
relation ensemble including the Borda and Condorcet methods, as well as
exact solvers for minimizing a criterion function based on the symmetric
difference (Kemeny-Snell) metric.
* a simple plot method for Hasse-diagrams using RGraphviz.
Kurt and David
More information about the R-packages