[R-pkgs] Rassist - Student-friendly package
A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jul 2 23:24:29 CEST 2006
The Rassist package has been loaded to CRAN. This package is designed
to make R easier for new users, by providing extra checks and
Presently the package functionality includes:
* offers an alternative help facility, eg(.), with examples first,
with additional examples included. eg() offers a start help menu,
and eg(.) incorporates help.search(.) automatically. It also
locates the relevant package if not loaded.
* Some mathematical functions validate input received. They give
feedback on units used, and when in error, prompt the user to
correct the input.
* plot(.) offers feedback and cautions about input format.
* deskcheck incorporates debug(), in straight forward testing.
* source(.), under development, in error produces a directory listing.
We believe that much remains to be done, but we wanted to solicit
community feedback from interested parties. Please pass on suggestions
for other functions, or better ways to achieve the same goals, to me.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics Tel: +61-3-8344-9763
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
Email: a.robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au
More information about the R-packages