[R-pkgs] Internationalized version of the Rcmdr package

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 9 21:37:50 CEST 2005

Dear R-packages list members,

I've recently uploaded to CRAN version 1.1-1 of the Rcmdr ("R Commander")
package. Based on the tcltk package, the Rcmdr provides a basic-statistics
graphical interface to R.

The general functionality of the R Commander has not changed much since
version 1.0-0. There are some small improvements to the package, but the
reason that I'm re-announcing it is that the latest version supports
translation into other languages, using the new internationalization and
localization features of R 2.1.x.

A Catalan translation (courtesy of Manel Salamero), a French translation
(courtesy of Philippe Grosjean), a Japanese translations (courtesy of
Takaharu Araki), and a Slovenian translation (courtesy of Jaro Lajovic), are
provided with the Rcmdr package. I understand that Portuguese, Russian, and
Spanish translations are in the works, and these will be incorporated when
they are completed.

If you're interested in translating the Rcmdr into another language, please
contact me.

As before, bug reports, suggestions, and other feedback are appreciated.

 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University