[R-pkg-devel] Is R-Forge dead?

Achim Zeileis Ach|m@Ze||e|@ @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Tue Jul 2 01:05:07 CEST 2024

Kevin,

R-Forge is still alive but there are problems with the build queue as you
noticed. The problems occurred after R-Forge upgraded to R 4.4.0 - just as
there was a switch in the maintenance team at WU Wien.

The problem is with the Windows build/check tools which work fine when run
manually but either fail (if there is compiled code in the package) or stall
when run in batch mode.

Jorge, the new member in the admin team at WU, has been going through all the
scripts with Uwe (Ligges) but they haven't spotted the problem so far. I think
that the next step will be to migrate the Windows build/check processes to the
Win-Builder machine.

I hope that they will succeed in doing so in the next weeks. Apologies for the
inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Achim