[R-pkg-devel] NOTEs in packages using Rust

Balasubramanian Narasimhan n@r@@ @end|ng |rom @t@n|ord@edu
Thu Jun 20 17:57:09 CEST 2024

I am preparing an update of Clarabel to synchronize with the upstream
repo. When checking the package, I get NOTEs such as:

    Found the following CITATION file in a non-standard place:
       src/rust/vendor/clarabel/CITATION.bib
    Most likely ‘inst/CITATION’ should be used instead.

    Found the following sources/headers not terminated with a newline:
    src/rust/vendor/lapack-sys/lapack/LAPACKE/src/lapacke_cgetsqrhrt_work.c

etc.

These are coming from the vendored sources and I plan to note that in my
submission. Will that suffice?

I will, of course, let the crate authors know and even submit a PR, but
not sure if it will yield an update in a reasonable time.

PS. Excluding files in tarring or fixing newlines are not an option as
the checksums will fail.

Thanks.

-Naras