[R-pkg-devel] Flex missing in win-builder

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 28 12:10:06 CEST 2024

On 5/28/24 06:18, drc via R-package-devel wrote:
> Is it possible to get flex in the win-builder windows environment? It's present in the debian environment. My package depends on cmake, bison, and flex. Each of these are listed in the `SystemRequirments` field of my DESCRIPTION file but flex is the only one that cmake can't find.

Please see CRAN repository policy and contacts included there:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/external_libs.html

But if possible I would include the generated parsers in the source code
of your package. This is also how R itself does it.

> The win-builder home page (https://win-builder.r-project.org/) doesn't say much about foreign dependencies other than we have what's available in Rtools plus a small list of others. But neither cmake or bison are available by default in Rtools, they both have to be explicitly installed with `pacman`. Flex can also be installed via `pacman`, so why are the other two available?

cmake is part of Rtools, please see
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/howto-R-devel.html

Best Tomas