[R-pkg-devel] handling documentation build tools

Tue May 21 23:15:57 CEST 2024

As lyx is not listed in 'Writing R Extensions', the one (authorative) manual
describing how to build packages for R, I would not assume it to be present
on every CRAN machine building packages. Also note that several user recently
had to ask here how to deal with less common fonts for style files for
(pdf)latex.

So I would recommend 'localising' the pdf creation to your own machine, and
to ship the resulting pdf. You can have pre-made pdfs as core of a vignette,
I trick I quite like to make package building simpler and more robust.  See
https://www.r-bloggers.com/2019/01/add-a-static-pdf-vignette-to-an-r-package/
for details.

Cheers, Dirk

--