[R-pkg-devel] Assistance Needed to Resolve CRAN Submission Note

Zeinab Mashreghi z@m@@hregh| @end|ng |rom uw|nn|peg@c@
Fri May 17 17:59:19 CEST 2024

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Yes, I'm using an Apple computer. The tidy version was from 2006. I submitted the package without any issues.

Thanks again!

Zeinab

From: Ivan Krylov <ikrylov using disroot.org>
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 12:27 PM
To: Zeinab Mashreghi <z.mashreghi using uwinnipeg.ca>
Cc: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Assistance Needed to Resolve CRAN Submission Note
Notice: This is external email. Verify the sender and use caution with any content.

� Thu, 16 May 2024 16:01:45 +0000
Zeinab Mashreghi <z.mashreghi using uwinnipeg.ca> �����:

> checking HTML version of manual ... NOTE
> Found the following HTML validation problems:
> All.data.html:4:1 (All.data.Rd:10): Warning: <link> inserting "type"
> attribute
> All.data.html:12:1 (All.data.Rd:10): Warning: <script> proprietary
> attribute "onload"

Are you using an Apple computer? R relies on a program called "tidy" to
verify the generated HTML documentation. macOS comes with an old
version of "tidy" [*] that doesn't support the HTML5 attributes used by
R, which results in these NOTEs. You didn't get them on CRAN, so feel
free to ignore them.

If you run tidy -v or tidy --version, what does it say?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*]