[R-pkg-devel] Overcoming CRAN's 5mb vendoring requirement

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 8 22:10:15 CEST 2024

That's a good point! My apologies for not making that abundantly clear.

Regardless, I think it is a fair ask to not submit massive tarballs of
dependencies.
Clarifying how we might be able to store the dependencies *outside *of CRAN
would be good to figure out.
This would help packages like polars be able to exist on CRAN.