[R-pkg-devel] Linker / System Requirement

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 7 15:55:30 CEST 2024

In my Makevars file (linked below) I link to ssl by adding `-lssl` to
`PKG_LIBS`. Since I do this, does libssl need to be added to the System
Requirements field?

Makevars:
https://github.com/R-ArcGIS/arcgisgeocode/blob/8194a478a616f7ddc3a25bcb024c0534007bcd51/src/Makevars#L4

If so, is there a place that contains the standardized descriptions for
some of these more common system requirements? I suspect that means my
SystemRequirements would look a bit like:

SystemRequirements: Cargo (Rust's package manager), rustc, libssl

Is that correct?

Thanks all! I'm a bit out of my depth here!