[R-pkg-devel] Error handling in C code

Jarrod Hadfield j@h@d||e|d @end|ng |rom ed@@c@uk
Mon May 6 16:41:16 CEST 2024

Hi,

Using Rf_error() rather than error() fixed the problem. Not sure why the problem was only flagged on Debian, but it seems to have been triggered by R_NO_REMAP being defined (which will be default in R 4.5.0).

Thanks for the help.

Jarrod

From: Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek using R-project.org>
Date: Monday, 6 May 2024 at 03:38
To: Jarrod Hadfield <j.hadfield using ed.ac.uk>
Cc: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Error handling in C code
This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.

Jarrod,

could you point us to the code? There is not much to go by based on your email. One thing just in general: it's always safer to not re-map function names, especially since "error" can be defined in many random other headers, so it's better to use Rf_error() instead to avoid confusions with 3rd party headers that may (re-)define the "error" macro (depending on the order you include them in).

Cheers,
Simon