[R-pkg-devel] Urgent Review of R Packages in Light of Recent RDS Exploit

Maciej Nasinski n@@|n@k|@m@c|ej @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 4 19:43:58 CEST 2024

Hey Vladimir,

Thank you for your answer.
GitHub codespaces are "a separate computer" and are free for students and
the educational sector.
The GitHub codespaces are a cloud service that can be created anytime, with
a specific setup behind it (Dockerfile, settings.json, renv.lock,  ...).
The machines GitHub codespaces offer are quite decent (4core 16GB RAM 32GB
Memory).
You can destroy and recreate it anytime you want to.
You run GitHub codespaces from a web browser, but as Ivan stated, you may
need a decent computer to handle them, even if all calculations are done on
the cloud.
I use GitHub codespaces for all my University projects with my friends.  It
is great that I do not have to explain many things nowadays to older stuff
as many things are automatic on GitHub codespaces.

KR
Maciej Nasinski
University of Warsaw