[R-pkg-devel] Problem with loading package "devtools" from CRAN.

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Mon Apr 29 08:33:55 CEST 2024

Rolf,

what do you mean by "broken"? Since you failed to include any proof nor details it's unlikely that anyone can help you, but chances are pretty high that it was a problem on your end. I just checked with R 4.4.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 and devtools install and load just fine, so it is certainly broken on CRAN.

Make sure you don't have packages for old R version in your local libraries - that is a most common mistake - always remove them when upgrading R and re-install if still need them. You can check the locations of your libraries with .libPaths() in R. Sometimes, update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE) can do the trick as well, but I prefer clean re-installs for safety as it also helps you clean up old cruft that is not longer needed.

Cheers,
Simon