[R-pkg-devel] Package submission to CRAN not passing incoming checks

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 23 04:09:04 CEST 2024

1. The version number complaint is the use of 0.1.2-9033. It is complaining
about 9033. Personally, I would not use the -XXXX style, but that is a
personal choice I guess. R-exts says
  "The mandatory ‘Version’ field gives the version of the package. This is
a sequence of at least *two* (and usually three) non-negative integers
separated by single ‘.’ or ‘-’ characters. The canonical form is as shown
in the example, and a version such as ‘0.01’ or ‘0.01.0’ will be handled as
if it were ‘0.1-0’. It is *not* a decimal number, so for example 0.9 < 0.75
since 9 < 75."
2. Those are not URLs, they are DOIs. The Rd format has a \doi{} command
you should use
3. If your examples generate files, I would use the tempfile() command from
base R.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 8:25 PM Petersen, Isaac T <
isaac-t-petersen using uiowa.edu> wrote:

> Dear R-package-devel,
>
> This my first post--I read the posting guidelines, but my apologies in
> advance if I make a mistake.
>
> I am trying to post my R package to CRAN. I just submitted it to CRAN but
> received a note that the package "does not pass the incoming checks
> automatically".
>
> Here are the results from win-builder:
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/petersenlab_0.1.2-9033_20240415_212322/
>
> As far as I can tell, there are 3 notes to address. However, I'm not sure
> how to address them.
>
> 1) The first note appears to be "Version contains large components", which
> includes the contents of the LICENSE file (CC BY 4.0). I'm not sure if this
> is a problem that needs to be addressed (or how to address it).
>
> 2) The second note says:
>
> "Found the following (possibly) invalid file URIs:
>   URI: 10.1177/0146621613475471
>     From: man/itemInformation.Rd
>   URI: 10.1177/0146621613475471
>     From: man/standardErrorIRT.Rd"
>
> However, I verified that those DOIs resolve correctly, so I'm not sure how
> to address this note.
>
> 3) The third note (in the Debian but not Windows version) says:
>
> "* checking for non-standard things in the check directory ... NOTE
> Found the following files/directories:
>   ‘encryptionKey.RData’ ‘encrypytedCredentials.txt’"
>
> These files are generated in the examples for one of the functions to
> demonstrate how to read data using an encryption key:
> https://github.com/DevPsyLab/petersenlab/blob/9ece9d7dc32727c1315a03bc2810cc9c957971d1/R/readEncryptedData.R#L24.
> I'm not sure if this is a problem that needs to be addressed (or how to
> address it).
>
> The source code for my R package (petersenlab) is here:
> https://github.com/DevPsyLab/petersenlab
>
> Thanks very much in advance,
> Isaac

Kasper