[R-pkg-devel] Question about CRAN submission resulting in 1 note

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Wed Apr 10 21:05:41 CEST 2024

В Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:11:53 +0000
Chris Knoll <cknoll using ohdsi.org> пишет:

> For "Package has VignetteBuilder field but no prebuilt vignette
> index", how would this be resolved?

The package at https://github.com/OHDSI/CirceR/ doesn't seem to have any
vignettes. Without vignettes, there's no need for VignetteBuilder:
knitr.

> For "Package ahs FOSS license, installs .class/.jar but has no 'java
> directory'':  This is custom code that I've written in Java plus has
> a few maven dependencies and I'm not sure if they are asking me to
> bundle the source code of all Java dependencies (that have classes in
> the jar file).   That could be hard to do, and was hoping if anyone
> had experience in this, is it enough to put into the Readme where
> such source code could be found?

Here's what the policy has to say:

>> For Java .class and .jar files, the sources should be in a top-level
>> java directory in the source package (or that directory should
>> explain how they can be obtained).

<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html>

At the very least, XLconnect seems to be fine supplying just the
README. If it's not too much trouble, shipping your custom source code
(definitely not all of the maven dependencies) would be the kind thing
to do, I think. (Feel free to disregard this part if a more experienced
Java package developer says otherwise.)

--
Best regards,
Ivan