[R-pkg-devel] Need help with "Lost braces" in R under development checks

@di@@o m@iii@g oii pdx@edu @di@@o m@iii@g oii pdx@edu
Sun Apr 7 05:58:57 CEST 2024

Hello,

I would appreciate help with two build NOTEs:

First, On the Winbuilder check, the check for R version 4.4.0 alpha
(2024-04-05 r86346 ucrt) and also under the Debian R Under development
(unstable) (2024-04-05 r86348) I got a NOTE about a bunch of 'Lost
braces' in my .Rd files. I am confused because my braces appear to match
when I count them, and I don't *think* I am runing into an item/itemize
situation. Here's an example (all the reported issues in this NOTE are
within \references sections ):

  checkRd: (-1) LoopAnalyst-package.Rd:14: Lost braces
    14 |  Dambacher, J. M. and Li, H. W. and Rossignol, P. A. (2002)
  \doi{10.2307/3071950}{Relevance of community structure in assessing
  indeterminacy of ecological predictions}. \emph{Ecology},
  \bold{83(5)},1372--1385.

Here's the Winbuilder log:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/LoopAnalyst_1.2-7_20240406_215835/Windows/00check.log

And here's the Debian log:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/LoopAnalyst_1.2-7_20240406_215835/Debian/00check.log

The second NOTE is about "(possibly) invalid URLs:"
    Message: Forbidden

However, when I follow this URL in my browser it appears to link
appropriately to the intended page. If I use a \doi{10.1086/367590}
instead of an \href I get the same behavior: check says "(possibly)
invalid URLs" but https://doi.org/10.1086/367590 appears to work just
fine in the browser. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thank you!

Alexis Dinno
Associate Professor
OHSU-PSU School of Public Health
Pronouns: she/her/hers

610-R Vanport Building
1810 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 610
Portland, OR 97201-5202

p: (503) 725-3076
f: (503) 725-5100
e: alexis.dinno using pdx.edu

Note: I do not use a networked calendar, so meeting dates should be communicated directly via email.