[R-pkg-devel] help diagnosing win-builder failures

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Mar 18 09:32:02 CET 2024

On 18.03.2024 02:07, Ben Bolker wrote:
>    I think I may actually have figured this out.
>
>    The Matrix package is being updated to version 1.7.0 soon, with
> expected ABI breakage.  This version is **already installed on
> win-builder/r-devel**, so the Matrix/TMB/glmmTMB binary stack fails
> (digging into the logs a bit deeper showed that the *first* instance of
> a call to glmmTMB in any example/test/prior was failing ...)
>
>    I think the only way to solve this is to bump/re-install the version
> of TMB that lives on win-builder.
>
>    For the record, this will probably bite any package that depends on
> Matrix ABI ...

This is only in the on demand check queue (not the daily CRAN repository
checks nor the incoming checks) due to a recently checked Matrix in that
queue (that would be auto-removed soon, but I'll trigger this manually now).

Best,
Uwe Ligges