[R-pkg-devel] Export everything whose name does not start with ".".

Rolf Turner ro||turner @end|ng |rom po@teo@net
Sat Mar 16 01:03:30 CET 2024

There was fairly recently a discussion on this list of a problem whose
solution involved having code in NAMESPACE which exported everything
whose name did not start with ".".

In the course of this discussion it was remarked that the code given in
"Writing R Extensions", explicitly

   exportPattern("^[^\\.]")

wasn't quite right and could/should have a simpler form.

I don't really understand what's going on --- regular expressions
completely blow me away.

Can someone please inform me as to what the simpler form should be?

[What really frustrates me is that I was *sure* I had saved the emails
pertaining to this discussion, but now I cannot find any <expletive
deleted> trace of what I thought I'd saved!]

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow