[R-pkg-devel] Conversion failure in 'mbcsToSbcs'

Package Maintainer ggene@|ogyp@ck@ge @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 12 17:01:27 CET 2024

Dear Ivan:

Thank you again for all your support.

I recently incorporated your suggestion to add the line:

\SweaveOpts{pdf.encoding = ISOLatin2.enc}

to line 32 of my vignette file, the latest copy of which is located
here (https://github.com/lindsayrutter/ggenealogy/blob/master/vignettes/ggenealogy.Rnw).

I don't *believe* I changed or created a plot device either, which you
advised not to do.

I then ran:

1) R CMD build
2) debian-gcc-devel
(https://builder.r-hub.io/status/ggenealogy_1.0.3.tar.gz-fc9f3ff459314bc2bcfd2df00b5c38f3)
3) debian-clang-devel
(https://builder.r-hub.io/status/ggenealogy_1.0.3.tar.gz-fa86bcdc246042e194a7558c018ed19b)

And my .tar file passed all three. So, I then uploaded my .tar file to
the CRAN submission page.

Unfortunately, I received a reply from the CRAN submission team
stating that my vignette file is still obtaining the "mbcsToSbcs"
ERROR as is shown here
(https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/ggenealogy_1.0.3_20240212_152455/Debian/00check.log).

The latest version of my package and its vignette code is on my
GitHub: https://github.com/lindsayrutter/ggenealogy/blob/master/vignettes/ggenealogy.Rnw

I'm still a bit at a loss on how to resolve this issue. I would be all
ears if you (and/or others) might have any further advice.

Thank you again for your patience and support.

Kind regards,
LAR

PS: Thanks for the advice about plain text mode. Hopefully, I have
correctly abide by that advice in this current email.