[R-pkg-devel] How to deal with issues when using devtools::check_rhub(), rhub::check(), and web form

Carl Schwarz c@chw@rz@t@t@|uc@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 25 01:14:05 CET 2024

I fixed all of the new issues identified by CRAN, and these seem to be from
the
    r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-gcc
and similar machines where it flags documentation in a function.

However, when I use devtools::check_rhub(), it just "hangs", i.e. generates
messages saying to check a web file that remains blank for several hours.
Ditto for rhub::check().

I tried using the web interface at https://builder.r-hub.io/ to select the
denebian machines, and it returns a message saying

We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.
We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

Same thing happens when I select the windows release machine.

Revised packages passes devtools::check_win_release() or
devtools::check_win_devel() and my local (on a Mac) package checks.

So how do I tell if this a "Rhub issue" or an issue with my package? Or do
I just give up on using Rhub to check the denebian machines?

THanks
Carl Schwarz