[R-pkg-devel] New Package Removal because Shared Library Too Large from Debugging Symbols

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 22 17:14:04 CET 2024

On 1/22/24 15:42, Ivan Krylov via R-package-devel wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:30:46 +0100
> Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalibera using gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, ported now to R-patched.
> Thank you!
>
> Is it fine to mention problems like this one in the middle of an
> e-mail, or should I have left a note in the Bugzilla instead?

In this case a comment on bugzilla would have been well justified: it
was a regression, fixed many months ago, with a simple fix, so something
quite clearly intended to be ported. In other cases the decision what to
port and when may be harder.

Yes, inside a bigger email, reports can get overlooked, particularly
when in a thread with a rather different subject. It wasn't overlooked
this time thanks to Martin.

Tomas