[R-pkg-devel] CMake on CRAN Systems

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Jan 17 16:52:40 CET 2024

On 17.01.2024 08:59, Matthias Gondan wrote:
> For package rswipl, cmake still seems to work, but
>
> * one has to search for it on MacOS, see the src/Makevars, as well as the relevant sections in Writing R extensions
> * Windows Defender (also on CRAN) complains about dubious exe-files when checking the "endianness" of the target system. That can be circumvented by telling cmake to compile static libraries instead of executables.

Indeed, currently Windows Defender gives false positives for some
temprary .exe files that CMake creates. As thge filenames and locations
are random, there is no straightforward way to tell the defender about
exceptions. Hence please follow the advice and  tell cmake to compile
static libraries instead of executables (an excellent idea, thanks!).
[Microsoft knows about this for several weeks now without action.]

Best,
Uwe Ligges