[R-pkg-devel] CMake on CRAN Systems

Sameh Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Wed Jan 17 08:37:20 CET 2024

Hi All,

We recently encountered an installation issue with our package on CRAN. We've been depending on CMake, assuming it is readily available by default, but it appears to be only available on the M1mac system but not on the others. Should we include the CMake installation within our package?

We encountered another issue with OpenMP, but we managed to resolve it by consulting the manual.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2024/2024-01-12_check_results_MPCR.html__;!!Nmw4Hv0!1cg5mCeLOB9fBslqbEGB1S0_MEcOLMjk6m4hpfWDyXErAlWtm82xz9ZUU3aQ3q6jkXZBM2tNhUp3EI3JmigE4EvCLlrC$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2024/2024-01-12_check_results_MPCR.html__;!!Nmw4Hv0!1cg5mCeLOB9fBslqbEGB1S0_MEcOLMjk6m4hpfWDyXErAlWtm82xz9ZUU3aQ3q6jkXZBM2tNhUp3EI3JmigE4EvCLlrC$>

Best,
--Sameh

this email.