[R-pkg-devel] current docker image for ASAN

Steven Scott @teve@the@b@ye@|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 17 00:54:10 CET 2024

Greetings everyone, though I expect this message is mainly for Dirk.

CRAN checks of my bsts/Boom package generate an ASAN error that the CRAN
maintainers have asked me to look into.  I recall doing this before (this
error has been there for several years now) via a docker image that Dirk
had set up.  I have two questions.

1) Which docker image should I use?  I imagine it has been updated since
the last time I tried.
2) Is the image built with an asan-appropriate libc++?  I'm asking because
the last time I tried tracking down this error, ASAN identified that there
was an error, but pointed to an irrelevant section of code.  Brian thinks
libc++ is the culprit.