[R-pkg-devel] checking CRAN incoming feasibility

Rolf Turner ro||turner @end|ng |rom po@teo@net
Tue Jan 16 06:15:22 CET 2024

This post essentially amounts to idle curiosity.  I don't really expect
that anything can be done about the problem that I perceive.

When I check a package using --as-cran, the code spits out a line

    checking CRAN incoming feasibility ...

and then disappears into a black hole for what seems an eternity (5 or
10 minutes).

Why does this step take so long?  Surely the software just has to check
that there is web connection to a CRAN mirror.  I would have thought
that this would be executed virtually instantaneously.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow