[R-pkg-devel] how to use pkgdown::build_site() with a project using S7 with a specialized plot()?

Wed Jan 3 15:01:20 CET 2024

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 13:34:27 +0000
Daniel Kelley <kelley using dal.ca> wrote:

> Error:
> ! in callr subprocess.
> Caused by error in `map2(.x, vec_index(.x), .f, ...)`:
> ! In index: 1.

Interesting that the actual error messages seem to be completely
empty.

By chance (I was searching for "rlang See `$stdout` for standard
output" because I was curious to know what is this error message
telling the user to subset) I found a bug report that seems relevant
(as it's also about S7, has the same warning and crashes in the same
call to rlang::check_installed):
https://github.com/r-lib/pkgdown/issues/2186

Unfortunately, there's no solution, just two similar-looking cases.

Is there an equivalent of options(error = recover) for callr child
processes? If you can recover the expression evaluated by the child
process, it could be worth executing it directly and walking the call
stack looking at the local variables at the time of the crash.

--
Best regards,
Ivan